There are many reasons payments can fail. The most common reason is that there are not enough channels with enough liquidity towards your destination address. We are working hard to make sure payments retry or succeed on the first try. The lightning network relies on trustless transaction; rest assured that your funds have not been lost.
Articles in this section
- Why do you need my Coinbase auth?
- Why do I need to debit the account?
- Transaction fees are cheap right now and with GDAX they are even free. Why do I need the Lightning Ramp?
- How do I disconnect from Lightning Ramp?
- I’ve heard the Lightning Network is not secure. Can my Coinbase account become compromised when connecting to Lightning Ramp?
- When will the Lightning Network be production ready?
- What happens if the person I want to send funds to is offline?
- Why did my transaction fail?
- How do I increase my transaction limits?